Advanced e-Discovery: The Next Level An Online, Interactive 8 Week Course
This seminar is presented by a team of expert faculty specializing in eDiscovery. With practical examples, case studies and practice, this is your course to accelerate to the next level of success.
What You Will Learn
- International eDiscovery
- Duties: Triggering events; Preservation Notices; The Attorney’s Duties to Issue & Monitor
- Litigation Holds & Notices
- Range of Sanctions for Negligent Failures to Preserve Potentially Relevant Evidence
- Conflict Between the Circuits Regarding the Standards for Imposing eDiscovery Sanctions
- How to Avoid or Mitigate Sanctions
- Admissibility of Electronic Evidence
- All About Metadata
- The Meet & Confer Conference
- Plaintiff’s v. Defendant’s Goals in Document Review
- The Elements: Privilege, Confidentiality and Others
- Trial Prep – How attorneys and staff use documents to build their case
- Early Case Assessment (ECA) & Quantifying the ECA Investment
- Using ECA to Strengthen Defensibility
- Maximizing the Value of ECA by Employing Advanced Technologies
- E-Mail Threading
- E-Mail Analytics
- Automated Workflow and Categorizations
- The Importance of People and Processes to Optimize the Effectiveness of Technology
- New Trends in Technology
- New Search Methodologies
- More on the EDRM Model
- Review of the Sedona Principles
- Inaccessible/Accessible ESI
How You Will Benefit:
- Discover how all components of eDiscovery fits together
- Gain insights into eDiscovery its impact on your case
- Develop a strategy and establish a sustainable competitive position
- Learn the very latest and valuable information on eDiscovery that puts you ahead of the opposing parties
- Develop an effective trial team successfully manage people
- Enjoy an invaluable peer-to-peer learning experience
Nick Brestoff, M.S., Esq.
Veteran Litigator, eDiscovery Consultant and eCounsel expert
Matt Knouff, Esq.,
General Counsel, Complete Discovery Source, Inc.; Member, Sedona Conference Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production; Board of Directors, New York County Lawyers’ Assoc., Cyberspace Law Section
David Lewis, Ph.D.
Consulting Computer Scientist; Co-Founder Legal TREC; research positions: AT&T, Bell Labs & The University of Chicago.
Alex Bates, Esq.
Consultant. Past member of Constantine Cannon LLP and Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP
Adam Sand, Esq.
General Counsel, ZL Technologies;
Formerly Counsel, eBay; former member, Pillsbury Winthrop & Jones Day
Gina M. Anders, Esq.
Legal Consultant, Kroll Ontrack; Attorney, Crowell & Moring, LLP; Associate, Wickwire Gavin, PC
Deborah Motyka Jones, Esq.
Client Services Manager, Lighthouse Document Technologies; past member of Weil, Gotshal & Manges
What we offer is not your typical online instruction. Partnering with the Center for Advanced Legal Studies, an ABA approved school, we have designed our online classes to include live, interactive teaching sessions. Utilizing the latest in distance education technology, your eDiscovery course comes alive and allows you to discuss, in real-time via webcam, topics, issues, questions and assignments with your instructor and fellow students.
All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a webcam. No special software to download. No extra hardware to purchase.
Starts: August 3, 2010
Time: 4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific; 6:00 – 8:00 pm Central; 7:00 – 9:00 pm Eastern
Course meets two times per week, two hours each session for eight weeks. Recorded makeup sessions will be available.
Members: Save $100.00! Get a member discount. Call us for volume discounts.
TO REGISTER: Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
Within just a few hours, you will receive an invoice via e-mail. You can pay via credit card or check.
For more information or questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org 760-610-5462
September 30th, 2016
September 28th, 2016
September 26th, 2016